Question for MBP 15' Moshi Palmguard owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by henhowc, Oct 19, 2008.

1. henhowc macrumors regular

Bought one of these based on the positive feedback on these forums. Unfortunately it doesn't fit well with my palmrest. Note the cut-out areas below the trackpad/near the latch.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Is this normal? I have a SR MBP bought around mid-August 2007. Are there differences in the size of the latch holes for the different MBP revisions (that any of you know of)?

2. marvel2 macrumors 6502

Weird, mine has a perfect cutout for the latch holes. However, now that I look at your palmguard, you may have an updated version. It may be cut wider for the little rubber stoppers on the screen bezel.

3. henhowc thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I was thinking, but it does look a little off. Do you have problems closing your lid? Also, does your palmguard overlap the hard dark grey plastic areas along the edges of your MBP? Thats one other thing that doesn't look quite right to me. Maybe I'm just being super nitpicky though...haha

4. marvel2 macrumors 6502

I did not notice a change in how well the notebook closes. The palm guard does overlap the darker gray area ever so slightly on the sides. I didn't notice it until you asked. What I did when installing the palm guard was line it up with the MBP's trackpad and everything else fell in line.

5. henhowc thread starter macrumors regular

In case anyone cares, here's the official word:

For or latest version of Palmguard we purposely made the cutouts on the latches a bit wider because the MacBook may not close properly if there's a slight misalignment. This happened to a lot of customers with our first version of Palmguard, so the bigger cutout is by design, not by mistake.

Best Regards,

Customer Service