Question for MBP owners

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CaptainCaveMann, Feb 29, 2008.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

How many of you are experiencing problems with the CD drive slot? I have heard that the 15" MBP drive slots can bend in easily, causing problems when inserting and removing a disk. Please let me know! :confused:

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

From using HandBrake a whole lot (500GB of video.....), I can tell you that at least mine doesn't have any problems. I almost thought I screwed my screen up in the fall by using it in near-freezing weather, but I think it was a temporary glitch.

Alas, this slot hasn't bent. I think a lot of the complaints on here should come with a grain of salt. People tend to notice the major problems way more than the millions of times something works right.

Conspiracy theory: Apple is making them all break so they can move to MBA-style computers without optical drives. (Oh hell no!)

3. Deadaim357 macrumors member

Deadaim357

I've had my MBP for almost 2 months now and drive is working fine. I watch DVD's and Burn CD's almost every other day so nothing can happen from just using it. Although I have read and seen that if you apply pressure on the edge of the laptop right above the slot overtime it can bend in. As long as you don't force your wrists down on your laptop your fine.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

If you're a bit worried then invest in Apple Care. Almost at the six month mark and no bending and no warping.