Question for members about Adobe suite for students

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SoundMan, Oct 6, 2015.

1. SoundMan macrumors member

Hi,

So moving forward I want all legal copy's of software unlike my windows machine so I can get updates and ask for help and not get blacklisted.

Anyways I spoke with adobe today about there student plan $19.99 or $200.00 for the year deal, I was told I needed to supply proof I'm in school which I understand. Here's the question I have, during checkout I can only pick my school and nothing else.

I was told by the adobe women after payment I'm sent an email asking to supply proof showing my Tuition paid with my name school etc.

It doesn't seem right they take your money then ask for all this info, can you even make a claim and get everything back if you don't qualify for there standards.

So I'm asking today did anyone get emails like this asking for all this info before activating your apps.

thank you

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Presumably if you are denied you won't be charged. Or at least you'll have good standing to dispute the charge if you can't access the software.

I bought a student version many years ago through a university store (and still have it). I had to show my ID and that was it. This was before they went to a subscription model.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you fail the validation you will not be charged. They may place a hold on your credit card but until they confirm your status they will not charge your account. That was my experience at least, back when I qualified for the student discount I had supply proof before they'd fully process the order.

4. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

Well it doesn't look like my 2010 15" Macbook pro can even support the 512mb for 3D design, just happy I did the trail download prior to paying the $200.00.

Now I'm on the search for a code hack to help trick adobe, with all the wiz people something should show up.

thanks for your advice guys.