Question for MX/VX Revolution Mouse Users

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jetheat, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Jetheat macrumors regular

Can you plug the USB dongle into the side of your Apple keyboard and still get the mouse to work without any problems?

Does the keyboard sit flat after plugging it in?

Is there a problem with connectivity after booting up the computer when plugged into the side of the Apple keyboard?

Are there any problems with assigning buttons on the mouse when plugged into the side of the keyboard?

Is the mouse re-chargable or would you need to continue replacing the battery? If so, how long does the battery last?

I don't want to use up a slot at the back of the iMac and yet I'd like a great mouse.

Appreciate the help,
    Thanks,

JH

2. Gordy macrumors 6502a

I have the mx revolution.

The dongle plugs into the mac keyboard fine. It doesn't affect the keyboard in anyway at all. It works the same as all the other usb ports so there is no difference in any other use of the mouse.

The MX revolution uses an inbuilt rechargable battery, which seems to last a long time about 1 1/2 months in heavy use for me.

3. Jetheat thread starter macrumors regular

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have both. Both work very well.

The VX Revolution uses replaceable batteries; just buy Lithium AA cells and it'll last you a good half-year to a year with usage every day. That's what I was using before.

As with button assignments, they don't work very well for Snow Leopard as Logitech is still working on the software.