Question for my friend? (preordering, currently on T-Mo)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ki2594, Jun 9, 2010.

1. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

First off, can't wait to get my 4. :) anyways, my friends switching from t-mobile for the iphone to AT&T and he has a quick question: if he pre-orders it, will his number automatically be ported or how does that work- does he have to go in store or whats the deal?

Thanks!

2. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

The number port will not take place until your friends actually has the iPhone and activates it.

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Your friend has the option to port in their number or to get a new AT&T number and use it for up to 30 days to verify that AT&T service meet's their expectations. You have 30 days to complete the porting process at no additional cost.

You can do it as part of the order / activation process, your friend will need to provide the account information from T-Mo for the port. Also, when the port starts, the T-Mo account will terminate since the phone number is being ported and your friend may have an ETF with T-Mo.

Dave

4. ki2594 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so would it port once he activates it via iTunes or when he orders it online?

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

When I bought my 3G last year at the Apple Store, I told the rep my t-mo number, she did some magic on her handheld terminal, and I was out the door in about 10 minutes.