Question for NeoOffice users: What's wrong with my bullets?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GanChan, Sep 2, 2011.

1. GanChan macrumors 6502a

I hope you guys can help me figure this out. I recently switched from Word to NeoOffice, and i like the latter much better except for one nagging format-compatibility problem -- bullets. When I convert text files to RTF or DOC for Word-equipped readers, everything looks great except for bulleted lists. When I open the DOC conversion in Word the bullets come out looking like funny dingbat-like symbols. When I open the RTF file in Word, the bullets are replaced by indents and the text gets scrambled up with machine gibberish. When I open the RTF file in a simpler program such as Bean, the text reads OK but the bullets are still replaced by indents.

Any NeoOffice users out there encountered these bullet-list issues? If so, did you find a workaround? I can always export to PDF, fo course, but I'd rather send my clients something more easily user-modifiable.

Thanks!

2. GanChan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solved it!

I'll post the fix here for anyone it might benefit: Word 95 and RTF formats both seem to be just too old and creaky to support the bulleting that NeoOffice does. Converting to Word 97/2000/XP seems to preserves both bullets and numbered list correctly. Yay!