Question for O2 users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CWT1965, Jun 20, 2010.

1. CWT1965 macrumors 6502

I have a question

I am desperate for iPhone 4 and want to buy out my contract under the £20 a month thingy but as I bought the contract originally at CPW do I count as an o2 customer even though I am billed by direct debit each month by o2 ?

from my understanding i thought that only those that bought their phones directly from o2 are entitled to the £20 offer but at the same time an o2 rep said I should be allowed an upgrade so am confused

I dont want to get to shop at 3am on Thursday only to leave phone less

Also does anyone know if o2 stores will allow new contracts on the day for existing o2 customers ? if I fail with the buyout I just want to take out a 2nd contract

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

3. CWT1965 thread starter macrumors 6502

i did and got put through to a nice cheerful girl in customer services who told me not to worry

BUT

look at this ;)

This Early Upgrade Offer (the "Offer") is available to you if you're an existing consumer Pay Monthly or Business customer (who signed up in an O2 Shop or through o2.co.uk) on O2 who is still within the minimum term of their contract (an "Eligible Customer").

^

the official site contradicts what customer services told me

I am queueing from 3am i dont want to have a wasted journey ;)

4. Justin Lee macrumors member

You are an O2 customer. I see no issues at all with that. You are entitled to buy the O2 contract out at the reduced rate during the offer period.

Have you thought about buying a sim free model and continuing your current contract? Then you can sell the phone in a years time when the next phone comes out, and have no contract worries.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You are eligiable. Goto o2's website and on the right click upgrade type in your phone number and it'll tell you that you are.

6. CWT1965 thread starter macrumors 6502

eBay it is lol :(:eek:

Thanks. We've sent a code to 078..... You'll need to enter this below so we can check if you're eligable to upgrade. Please text me a new upgrade code

Sorry but you are not currently eligible to upgrade. You can upgrade when you're in the last month of your contract. To check your contract renewal date visit My O2.

7. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

OMG I've just wasted two minutes of my life trying to get that insect off my screen! :rolleyes: :D

To the OP, I used to have my 2G through CPW and actually had to get a PAC and port my number over to o2 (from o2!) when I bought the 3G direct from o2. But as you're buying out of an o2 contract then I would assume the offer applies to you too.

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

9. fru macrumors member

If you pay your money to o2, then you're an o2 customer.