Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Q-Collective

Suspended
Original poster
May 12, 2017
Does dust make it between the back and the case and scratch it? I have a liquid armour waiting for my iPhone and not sure if dust between the two is an issue

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Does dust make it between the back and the case and scratch it? I have a liquid armour waiting for my iPhone and not sure if dust between the two is an issue

How would someone know if dust will scratch an iPhone? Let alone, your purported situation of dust will always be an issue, How would someone know this?

Last edited:

Q-Collective

Suspended
Original poster
May 12, 2017
How would someone know if dust will scratch an iPhone? Let alone, your purported situation of dust will always be an issue. How would someone know this?

Because dust can pretty much scratch anything on this planet? I meant to ask if the spigen cases were prone to allow dust build up. I have never found dust between the apple leather cases and phones but have with other clear TPU cases.

Reactions: charlesdayton

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
All TPU cases will stretch somewhat allowing dust. The best option to prevent dust are hybrid cases with rubber interior and hard shell outer side or hard cases. The Spigen Neo Hybrid is quite nice.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Because dust can pretty much scratch anything on this planet? I meant to ask if the spigen cases were prone to allow dust build up. I have never found dust between the apple leather cases and phones but have with other clear TPU cases.

I have Spigen cases (liquid crystal, liquid air armor) and I've used a tons of other brands over the years. Pretty much any case could allow dust to build up, if you read the instructions that come with almost every case out there, it's recommended to remove the phone periodically for cleaning. I routinely clean my phones and never have issues.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Almost if not all case will collect dust overtime. Now I have spigen Liquid Armor on my 7 Plus and never had any issues and I periodically remove them to clean the phone and any dust/dirt from the case before putting it back on the phone.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Dust won't be an issue so much as the webbed design on the inside of the case leaves a transfer of the design on the back of the phone. I find this a problem of most spigen cases with this design.

j3T

Suspended
Feb 13, 2013
Dust won't be an issue so much as the webbed design on the inside of the case leaves a transfer of the design on the back of the phone. I find this a problem of most spigen cases with this design.

And what exactly is the problem? It easily wipes off, and it occurs with all cases that have an interior design. Not just Spigen. It's not permanent, it comes straight off with a cloth.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
And what exactly is the problem? It easily wipes off, and it occurs with all cases that have an interior design. Not just Spigen. It's not permanent, it comes straight off with a cloth.
It's been permanent for some people. Look around there are complaints about this issue. I'm not picking on spigen in particular, I had the same problem with my neo hybrid case on my 6. It looks gone but its still there. Try touching the back of the phone after wiping and you'll see the design from the heat from your hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.