Question for people with the 3.0 firmware about Landscape Mode

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legolover64, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Legolover64 macrumors regular

Hi all!

I have a question for people (ie paying developers) that have tested or are using the 3.0 firmware.

One of my biggest gripes of all with the iPhone keyboard occurs in switching from Portrait to Landscape. If I'm in, say, Safari, typing something in the address bar, I can't rotate to Landscape without closing and reopening the keyboard (basically, deselecting and reselecting the text field.)

Has this been "fixed" in Safari? How about the other apps, such as Messages, or Mail?

Thanks!

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Yes it has... you can type in portrait and in mid sentence switch to landscape in mail, notes, sms

3. cobalt135 macrumors regular

Messages, Mail, and Notes will rotate with the keyboard up, Safari will not.

4. tomd89 macrumors member

It's still the same in Safari, have to close the keyboard to rotate to landscape to open it again. Messages, Mail, Calendar and Notes however you can rotate to landscape with the keyboard open.

Don't know why Apple didn't change Safari to match.

5. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Is the landscape keyboard still laggy? My safari landscape keyboard is laggier than portrait mode.

6. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

I have not experienced any lag in portrait or landscape on the keyboard, it has definitely been improved.