Question for those in the UK when your upgrade is due...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Oct 9, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

What exactly do you pay for? is it just to the tariff? and just start a new contract.

My family have always sorted it out in the past so was wondering next dec what will I have to pay for when my contract is up and they offer me a chance for a new contract?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

They Will Normally

Put you on a minimum contract (typically £40.00 a month) that would be 24 months I reckon (at least with O2 it would) It's why I buy from Apple and have a lower 12 month contract to which I add bolt-ons if I run low on my data plan.

Not sure about Orange Vodaphone etc.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

I'm with Vodafone

I know when I got the iphone 4 last dec i had to buy out my contract out of the 3G and had to buy out the rest of the contract but also had to pay to keep the same tariff of 100 odd quid...wasn't sure if thats all I would have to do again.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Guess It's Down To

What you use, and how much. I have alway's bought SiM free from Apple because it gives me more flexibility. If I was to get hacked of with O2 I can get out...I send a LOT of text's and emails, don't surf much on my phone and make an average amount of calls.

Most of my friends are with the same provider which helps keep the bills down. My bill at the moment runs at £20 - £25 per month and the phone belongs to me. Check out what Vodaphone are offering, maybe shop around a bit. I have been with )2 for years, and they do tend to cut me a little slack if I go a bit over.

5. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Well my famiy have been with vodafone for years and sometimes they do give us some deals and money off..

i had to start a new contract last year which was basically like paying for the phone outright.

this dec i'm getting the 4s and buying that outright and i've been told by my partner i'm not getting the 5 next year unless i'm not paying much towards it...which to be honest is fair so wasnt sure in terms of upgrades what i would actually pay.