question for those of you with macbooks/macbook pros

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dan7592, Jan 4, 2008.

1. dan7592 macrumors regular

You know how your computer came with the longer cord with the charger? do you guys use the longer cord or the part that is already in there with the 2 prong plug? I personally use the longer cord with it.

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I use the longer cord.

It is not rocket science seriously...

3. dan7592 thread starter macrumors regular

Now what the hell was that last comment for? Totally unnecessary.

4. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

I only the use the longer cord if the cord can't reach the plug.

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Always use the longer cord. Places less stress on the furnace/adapter, extends length considerably, and grounds you with the third prong.

6. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

don't mind that clown. some people on this forum think their sh*t don't stink so they feel the need to act accordingly.

as for me, I just use the regular two prong thing. I don't need the extra length cord.

7. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I use the long cord at home on my bed, I have another power adapter at work to plug my machine into, with the 3 pin adapter.

8. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

never thought about that. I might just use the longer one just to be safe.

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

At home I just use the shorter cord, but boy, the longer one came in handy on my last trip. Nice to know there are some options.

10. bov macrumors 6502

i havent really found the need to use the extension cord as of yet. i never use my MBP too far from an outlet

11. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I use the cord extension at home when I'm surfing on the floor or typing up report on the bed. When I travel I just use the adapter, hotel desks usually have a power port right next to it.

12. tchaap macrumors member

Unfortunately,
    All I have is the short cord, so...that is all I use. I need to get the long cord adapter, it would come in handy.

13. yetieater macrumors regular

I keep the longer cord at college and bring the short plug around with me for travel.

14. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I use the two prong plug. But all my outlets in my house are made by Monster so they give very clean power supply.

15. jeff3221 macrumors regular

I use the 3 prong plug because it is more secure and when I travel I just leave it and take the two prong.

16. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

17. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

i use the short cord, mostly because i use my comp close to my desk most of the time. but as mentioned above, i grounds it and so forth....so i might change my cord...:D

18. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The short cord. Its much easier to manage and pack up than the extension. I've never needed to use the longer cord though so maybe thats why.

Both have 3 prongs (UK)

19. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Wow, really?

I tend to do the same thing.

Duly noted.

20. tammy418 macrumors member

I actually use both, it depends on where I am. When I'm in my room I use the long one because I never know when I'll feel the need to move from my desk to by bed. But I use the short one when traveling, if I take the laptop to school or just go to the living room.

21. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i fail to see the point of the onboard plug:confused: who wants their power supply sticking 4 inches off the wall?!? now a nice angle plug that keeps the thing right up against the wall now we're talking...

actually its not a onboard plug my bad, its snap on

22. Samwise592 macrumors regular

When i got my macbook, i was amazed at the design that went into the power brick (choice of cords, can wrap up the magsafe end)

but anyway... i use the two prong adapter at home, as i dont need the length, but the extended cord always comes with me when i travel.

23. spring macrumors regular

I use the longer extension cords all the time. When I first opened the box of my MBP, I was pretty suprised how short the cord was. Little did I know that there was an extension for it. I use mine in the living room, bed, etc and the longer cord allows me to plug in the MBP while I'm sitting on my bed or couch.

24. Pixbae macrumors newbie

Pixbae

I always use to the longer cord. The little plug is in my computer stuff drawer... at least it was last time I saw it months ago..

25. HMoth84 macrumors newbie

HMoth84

I use the longer cord...wrapped up (properly, of course!) unless I need it for longer distance. However, I do keep the two-prong attachment in sight, just to remind me that :apple: cares :)

It's really up to personal preference, but I like having the ability to always unwrap the cord if I need more distance, whether I planned for it or not.