question for those using ios 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fleeper, Jun 12, 2011.

1. fleeper macrumors 6502

Are you already able to sync with cloud? Or do you just have access to ios on the phone and still have to sync via usb cable?

Just curious how many of the features you are able to use and test right now.

2. Kahnyl, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

Kahnyl macrumors 68000

iTunes wifi snycing doesn't work yet but iCloud works for device backups and photostream. iTunes automatic downloads also work. I might be forgetting something.

EDIT: Oh and it works for the old MobileMe stuff like Calenders and Bookmarks.

3. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info. I purchased the SDK and I am going to upgrade one of my phones to 5.0 later today (I hope).

I am also trying to develop an app for my work ( the reason for purchasing the SDK).

4. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

What about music? Can it be synced up to icloud yet? And can you see all the apps you have purchased in icloud and download them to your phone?

5. shandyman Suspended

the stuff you have purchased you can download, this is music, apps and books.

are you thinking iCloud does music syncing like if you were syncing with iTunes? as this is not the case. in later beta's you will be able to sync music over wifi to iTunes on your machine, but that's it.

6. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

Gotcha. I have it installed now (ios 5), and it wiped all of my apps that were on my phone. How do I navigate to icloud to find the purchased apps to have them come back to phone (if I am using icloud to sync apps).

thanks.

7. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

If you were setting up a new device you could restore your iTunes purchases with just one button. I think you can actually do this on 4.3 right now. iTunes Match will make it possible to download all your music to the new device.

Wifi syncing is obvously one other way of doing it.

8. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Right now I think your only option is to go to the purchased list and pick the ones you want. If you use iCloud to back up your device from now on then in the future when you set up a new one you can restore the device from an iCloud backup. Since you haven't yet backed up to the cloud though you can use USB to restore your iTunes backup.

9. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

No camera on the lock screen and no notifications there either. I have notifications turned on for the lock screen but they are not showing up. Weird.

10. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

And where is the purchased list? I don't see a way to navigate to it via the phone (or any other way).

11. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I don't have it installed yet, but in remember hearing that you double press the home button or something to make the camera button appear? Not sure. XD

12. MasterTick macrumors 6502

The camera is on the lock screen. Just double click the home button.

13. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Yeah double click.

The purchased app list is in the update tab in the App Store app.

14. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

Kahnyl and MasterTick, thanks so much. You guys rock and thanks for the info.

fleeper

15. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

You didn't need to upgrade to iOS5 for the purchase list, thats included in 4.3.3 unless you have a Verizon iPhone.. Its under the iTunes Store and App Store.