Question for those who Applied BodyGuardz well ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macman4291, Oct 1, 2008.

1. macman4291 macrumors regular

I just applied, and I thought I did a decent job besides ruining one of the backs, but luckily they give you two, I thought I did it well, but I have a good amount of air bubbles, is that normal...will those subside ?

2. Smacky macrumors 6502

3. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

You can try using a hair dryer on the lowest heat setting to iron out the bubbles. I did that and it worked well. Just don't leave the heat in one place for too long.

4. peoe2 macrumors newbie

Air and water bubbles will go away, some may take 1-2 weeks but in the end they will go away.

5. Kaushal macrumors member

i appled bodyguardz last nite

it was the 1st time i have used it.......and there were lots of bubbles......but after 12 hrs they have reduced a lot

i hope like others mine will become perfect :D

6. m98evolution macrumors newbie

Just be patient and try to let the skin set on the phone without using it for a day or two. It should turn out great. Good luck!

7. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I've used all the skin products (bodyguardz, IS, SGP, BSE etc). I like the bodyguardz a lot, and don't particularly care for the IS. That being said, the IS includes this rubber squeegee with their film, and I've used that for every other skin i've ever applied, and it works REALLY well to get out all the airbubbles when you install.

What I do, is after it's layed down perfectly, I lift up one half (from the center to the top), and squeegee it back down, then I do the same with the other half. This gets rid of 99% of bubbles. Then, i use the smaller end of that squeegee to push out the smaller microbubbles, so that when it's done, i have close to zero bubbles.

Anyway, I've got about 15 of those squeegees, from installing various friends ISs and my own, so if anyone wants one, PM me.

8. SkillsToShow macrumors regular

That is so nice of you to give them away. I recently bought the Bodygaurdz and am waiting for it to get here and I would definitely like to have one of the squeegee's from IS because I read it is many times better then the one that Bodyguardz comes with.

It seems like I cant PM anyone yet is there another way I can contact you? I am usually on my aim/msn/yahoo/icq 24/7 :D

9. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I'm on AIM - Dauerhippo