Question for those who bought the bumper case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hawklight, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Hawklight macrumors member

Are you guys planning on getting any type of protection for the screen and back as well? I'm going to get a Zagg cover for the screen but not sure the back needs one. What are you guys doing?

2. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I used my 50% coupon code so i can get the full body by Zagg and getting the White or Black Bumper

3. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

When did you order from Zagg? Everytime I go to buy it keeps sending me to a blank page.

4. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

I'm going to see how it does with just the bumper for a week or two. I don't intend on using anything for the front screen, but maybe the back... I know with my 3GS, I went naked (on the front) and without a scratch.

5. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

like a week ago

6. Hawklight thread starter macrumors member

I hate to cover up the screen on this version of the iPhone, but I always have in the past. I never keep anything in my pocket with the phone but with my luck, something would surely find its way in to scratch it. lol

7. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I just tried and it seems to be fixed. Wish I could see the front.

8. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I have a Bumper on order but it won't show up until July 3rd-ish. I have Zagg on a GPS and I don't like the feel of it, so I might go with Ghost Armor when it comes out for iPhone 4. I always feel nervous about not using some kind of screen protection but the phone will be "naked" for at least a week or two.

9. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

For my 3G i went with one of Apples crystal covers for the screen, which was easy to wipe clean of finger prints as heard that the screen looked worse without. Was wondering the same for the iPhone 4 if to get a screen cover or not.

I'm going to prob get a Sena leather pouch again as the felt lining was good as it cleaned my phone when ever i put it in, also stopped it from getting scratched from keys/coins etc when in my pocket.
    The bumpers look nice but also like the aluminium on the phone so would be shame to cover it up. Also exposes the front and back in pocket..am going naked when it gets taken out of pouch.

Saying that maybe iPhone 4 will fit in my old 3G sena pouch am sure they are similar sizes

10. jhiner macrumors regular

black Bumper on Black iPhone.
    front/back Zagg Invisible shield (50% off!)

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Same for me. I'm gonna try the screen naked for a few days though just to test the waters.

12. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

Just a bumper. Never used a screen protector in 3 years and my screen has never scratched. Thing is practically scratch proof. Just be careful around sand or diamonds of course. See no need for a invisishield or anything like that. I know people who use them and even the tiniest of bubbles bothers me.

13. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I have a BodyGuardz on the back of my 3GS right now, but now that the iPhone 4 is glass on both sides, maybe just a bumper will do...

I dunno, I really like the SS frame, it's so beautiful... kudos to Apple for designing a decent case solution though.. might get the black on black :p

14. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Black bumper pre-ordered.

BodyGuardz front and back. They give you two of each, and with previous purchase auto discount, it's $22 US shipped. I really just plan to do the back though.

15. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

The bumpers do look good but then when it's in your pocket isn't protected like a leather pouch, also the metalic banding is covered up. Nice way to personalise but offers no protection in pocket.
    Though my solution isn't the best for it falling out of my hand.