Question for those who have exchanged their 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rannddeee, Aug 22, 2008.

1. rannddeee macrumors regular

I went to the :apple: store today to exchange for my 3rd 3G because the 2nd one had cracks all over the phone. For those who have successfully exchanged phones, did you return everything in the box? When I returned my first phone, I left my charger at home on purpose to see if I can get an extra one. But the person who helped me just took the new charger from the new box. But today, the girl who helped me didn't care that the charger was missing and let me keep the new one :D! So now I have 2 chargers!!!

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I had exchanged it 2 times but always received a refurbished/repaired one alone, no box, nothing extra.

3. odp1979 macrumors member

odp1979

That's dishonest, I hope you drop your iPhone and it breaks.

4. macwall macrumors 6502

do they take a retail box and give you the new iphone? i've only seen them exchange with refurbished iphones.

5. rannddeee thread starter macrumors regular

geez thanks a lot.

i told them both times I didn't have the charger. its not like i went out of my way to score an extra one. the 1st time they kept the new charger. this time around, the associate let me keep it. so why hate?

6. rannddeee thread starter macrumors regular

they gave me a brand new box...she took it from the back and it was sealed.

7. djfrugal1 macrumors newbie

Exchange pshaaaaa I returned!

I returned my 3G Iphone after two days of agony. 4 hour restores that only restore half of the info, the speaker not working, and all apps crashing. When you are paying for a phone and service it should work. These aren't bugs, this is like a beta version that hasnt been tested.

I switched back to my original IPhone and life is great!!!

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

OP, I had my 3G iPhone White replaced with a NIB, and I had my box, receipt and accessories, so straight across trade less the headset, which I had forgotten b/c I tossed them in my Headset Graveyard at the house. :p

9. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Didn't u post the same exact thing in another post? Did u just copy/paste to this thread?

10. nfg315 macrumors regular

nfg315

i returned everything and got a brand new sealed one back...i think the only thing i forgot was the cleaning cloth, so i have 2 now

11. rannddeee thread starter macrumors regular

when i first talked to the associate about exchanging the phone, they said i couldn't exchange it because the genius said he couldn't see any visible cracks on the phone. they also said i couldn't exchange because its past 14 days.

i just freakin laughed. first, i told the genius to look carefully....he found cracks all around the phone. 2nd, i told them i never said when the phone was purchased so how can they assume its past 14 days (it was exactly 14 days since the last exchange). they just stood there looking a bit embarrassed. maybe thats the reason they let me keep the extra charger.