Question for those who have used the Nodus case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ageller, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ageller macrumors newbie

I just made my pre-order after debating between the Nodus case and the Calypsocase case wallet. One thing I didn't know until I made my pre-order was that the two micro suction cups can't touch. This is a big deal breaker for me. I usually use pouches by taking the phone out, putting the pouch in my back pocket, using my phone, and then slipping it back in and putting it in my front pocket. I thought I'd be able to do this with the Nodus case, but I'm sure the micro suction cups will touch.

TL;DR:

1. Is it easy to use the phone for things like texting and web browsing with the case on? I'm thinking I can bend the front backwards as using it like you're reading a book just seems difficult.

2. If I take the phone out and close the case and put it in a pocket can I do it without having the suction cups touch?

3. I'm thinking I might put something on the small strip on the front that sticks to the iPhone's screen as a way to make sure the suction cups don't touch when I don't have the phone in it.

Ugh. I'm tempted to cancel my order and just go with the Calypsocase or no case at all and just grab Apple Care.

2. gppittjk macrumors regular

I had the nodus for the iPhone 5/5s. I loved it. I had the microsuction pads touch a lot and didn't really have an issue. The only issue I did have was the pad that kept the folio closed (the one touching the screen) began to peel after a few months. It's still attached, but about half of it is loose. I could just superglue it back down I suppose. I don't know if they've fixed that for the 6. Mine was literally one of the first few, as my gf got it for me when it was a kickstarter. The QC may have improved, but I can't speak to it as of now. The overall experience with the case was excellent for me. Gorgeous, soft leather. I loved it. And I consistently put the phone in and took it out, probably once a day.

3. ageller thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much. I heard others having issues about it starting to peel off too on reviews and their Kickstarter page. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I've used micro suction pads for a few different things, not including cases though. They often touch and as long as you peel them apart gently it's fine. I just got worried after reading it on their site. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

And I'll probably be taking mine off about 3-4 times a day, and as I understand it should still last indefinitely.

Thanks again for giving me some piece of mind.

4. gppittjk macrumors regular

No prob! Pro tip: if the micro suction starts to seem a little weak, just lick your finger and run it across the pad. The moisture seemed to help mine a lot, and it was back to a strong grip. Best of luck and enjoy!!

5. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Just ordered the Nodus Case

Yesterday I preordered the Nodus case for my 6 Plus. I'm glad to know the cautions in this thread - from what I saw when I stared at the case and the video, I wouldn't be taking mine out of the case much EXCEPT when I put the phone in the ProClip holder. Otherwise, it will replace my use of the Belkin dock. I think it looks great. I don't know when they'll ship, but for now i phone is in the Apple Silicone case which I like - I just wanted the folio to cover the screen.

The Chestnut color looked beautiful, but I gravitate to black and ordered the ebony one for my space gray iPhone 6 Plus.