Question for those who work for Apple please

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gloor, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Gloor macrumors 6502a

Hey guys,

I have a dilemma so wanted to get some input from you what you think might be the best. If I use my discount for the iPad and buy now, do you think that when the new ones come out eventually I will be able to sell it on ebay for the amount I bought it or you think I will lose some money on it?
    PM if you prefer.

I hope this type of question is allowed

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why would someone from Apple need to answer this? The best you'll likely be able to do is sell it for what you bought it for, but even that's unlikely since it will be used and an old model. Common sense.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

What Apple heard: "Should I buy 1 iPad or 2 over the next year."

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

"Eventually" ...YES an update will come eventually, most probable announced Q1 2011, Ship Q2 2011.

Go ahead and buy it, enjoy it, it is a great device, you will be able to sell it later, and you will sell it for LESS than you got it for, but the price will be worth it for the 8, 10 Months of usage. Electronics are not an investments, they have never been.

But a several months of usage for a maybe $100 or so, are really worth it.

Stop thinking about it that much and go ahead and enjoy

Edit: edited a date typo, pointed out by BillyBobBongo

5. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

:eek: Dammit, this iPad is old technology!

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Rofl

7. melman101 macrumors 68030

Hahaha I can't believe this topic was addressed to someone who works for Apple.

Look, you have two choices. Buy an iPad now, and either buy iPad 2 when it comes out or not, or do not buy an iPad now and wait for iPad 2.

Why would Apple know how much you can sell an iPad on Ebay for? LMFAO! I love this thread.

Oh and lastly, besides collectibles, there aren't many things in the world that stay the exact same value as the price you bought it. Of course you are going to lose money. How much, that determines on a lot of factors.

8. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

It sounds to me like the question is coming from someone who has the option to buy the iPad with an apple discount. I think they are asking if the depreciation of the iPad by the time the new model comes out will be equal to whatever discount apple employees get.

i.e. say apple employees get 10% discount
    will the ipad depreciate 10% when the next iPad comes out or will it be depreciated even more.

9. Cander macrumors 6502

OP is really Steve Jobs trying to catch employees giving out information. :p

10. Gloor thread starter macrumors 6502a

exactly! only apple employes know the discount and that is why this was addressed to them. In other words, will the resale value be higher or the same of the apple discount price or will it be less. That is why it was asked the way it was.

11. melman101 macrumors 68030

It doesn't matter. No one knows the future. But speculating based on previous iPhone sales (which is actually meaningless), if it's 10% of $600, that's only $60 bucks. Expect to sell your iPad for at least $100 dollars less. That's what I would be shooting for.

12. Gloor thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you

13. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

50%? not.

14. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

Why would someone from Apple have the answer to your question, it all depends on where and who is going to buy your iPad.

15. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Why are you even in this forum? Why not post this over in an APPLE forum? Something smells like X....

16. Tharian macrumors regular

I'm surprised that the retail employees (which I'm assuming you are) are getting the 25% discount already. I thought that it'd be longer before that kicked in.

If you are getting the discount, I'd pick one up and sell it, absolutely.

-d

17. hcho3 macrumors 68030

What discount are you talking about? iPad has no discount...