Question for those with a Retina Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bauer24, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Bauer24 macrumors regular

One of the things that annoys me about my current MBP is the sharp edge at the front that digs in to my wrists. I can avoid it somewhat by moving my hands/arms to a different angle but it's still annoying.

Can you all with rMBP's tell me if they've dulled the edges of the front casing?

2. valleydesign macrumors member

Can't say it has ever bothered me in the least bit.

3. markp99 macrumors member

Someone posted a video here recently where a guys actually took a rasp file to the front edge of his MBP! :eek:

The may knock down the sharp edge, but also removes the anodized coating, which would make for some dirty wrists as they rub on the now-raw aluminum.

4. Bauer24 thread starter macrumors regular

Really? Man, sometimes I'll be working on a document and then all of a sudden I'll feel the dig. I'll look at my wrists and there would be marks on them because suddenly it's been a half-hour of sharp edge on wrist action.

(I don't notice it at first)

5. OSMac macrumors 65816

Not sharp but certainly square, it could be much better if they were rounded ?

6. valleydesign macrumors member

No, on the rMBP I really never even thought about it.

7. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Aren't the original 2008s sharper than the current ones? I have the 2008 unibody. I don't have any issue if I'm on my desk, but if I'm using it in my lap, it digs in really bad. Very annoying. Don't have the issue with my Air though, because it's so thin and angled a little bit.

8. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

Compared to my 2010 mbp it does seem a bit more rounder.

Powersupport sells wrist pad made of microsuede. I have it and used it for 2 years. It's great and helps protect the aluminum. Here's a link just to show you.. I don't know if they fit the retina though. I'll have to contact them.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/macbook-pro-15/protection-pack.html

9. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Most of the time it's on a Rain stand with a separate Apple keyboard, but when it's not, it's definitely less comfortable than my old MBA. It's liveable, but I'd prefer it if it were possible to use the same form factor as the MBA. (I know it's not possible)

10. ljx718 macrumors 6502

It's less. A lot less. Thats one of the first things I noticed

11. Bauer24 thread starter macrumors regular

Good to hear! Thanks.

12. brand macrumors 601

brand

I would image that Apple could also make a case against the customer for intentionally voiding their warranty, if they wanted to. Rasper beware.

13. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Some people get a Moshi wrist guard to cushion their hands/wrists.