Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I am one of the many unfortunate ones to have the screen with the checkerboard pattern on their iPhone screen. In every image on our screens, you can always still see the faint grid in the background. However, I have noticed that sometimes, the grid changes its pattern. For example, look at the empty black space in the main menu. It shows the regular up-down, left-right pattern. Now, look around the edges of the top twelve icons and notice a pattern with lines of the dots going in a diagonal direction all closer together. Could this mean that the problem is software related? If not, could this mean anything at all?

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
I'm curious if you ran the just released update - if it tweaked that a bit?
I have never seen this myself on any store display phone or our phones. Maybe it's my eyes/brain.

retnuh730

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2007
Mississippi!
What could a SOFTWARE update do to a HARDWARE feature? YOu could only see the damn lines if the phone's off and you aim the screen into the light. YOu guys complain too much.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Allright, I think some of you may have missunderstood my original post. This is completely unrelated to the update from tonight. I was only suggesting that the grid may be a software issue being that there are three (at least that I've seen) or more different patterns that appear at different times.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Hate to bring this thread back, but...

I told you so! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.