Question for those with new Speck cases...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by digitaldave, Mar 24, 2012.

1. digitaldave macrumors regular

digitaldave

I currently have a Speck Seethru Satin case for my iPhone 4 that is great, but I don't use it much as the material they use on the screen bezel is too rubbery for my tastes - it sometimes gets caught up in my pocket when I'm trying to take it out. I've read a few comments that Speck may have updated this part of their cases in order to avoid the peeling issue they had, and some have said that it's not as 'sticky' as the old version. Can anyone confirm this? Particularly for the black satin version...

Thanks,

Dave.

2. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I can't comment on the black satin version but I have had several Speck Candyshell's in a couple different colors. The first couple peeled/flaked badly, the later versions were not as bad. Minimal flaking, it seems to me though, given enough time that they will eventually flake no matter what. The last Candyshell I got was maybe 4 months ago.

I had the old Speck SeeThru case in clear (before they changed it to the GemShell), that was the only one that never flaked for me.

The Candyshell's are still one of my favorite cases though, they aren't too bulky and still offer a good amount of protection.

3. digitaldave thread starter macrumors regular

digitaldave

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

When I had this case it definitely flaked. I haven't heard of any updated versions of this case to be honest by Speck. I know they updated the Candyshell it tone down the flaking.