Question for those with no password

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by x986, Nov 19, 2014.

1. x986 macrumors regular

I prefer to go naked the old fashioned way with no password protection. I just upgraded from a 5 to a 6, and I did not put any passwords or fingerprints on the phone. How can I stop getting the annoying box that says "Password incorrect"? I can cancel it, but it comes back most of the time when I change functions.
    Thanks,

2. deeddawg, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

deeddawg macrumors 604

Are you sure you're not getting a message about your voicemail passcode from your carrier?

Oh and don't be surprised if you get some commentary from folks about lack of security. I'll just say that with TouchID it really gets out of the way in terms of the user experience, and the benefits outweigh any negatives IMHO. Your choice of course, though I'd recommend trying it for a couple weeks to be able to make an informed choice rather than just dismissing it out of hand.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

If you did not set up passwords, you should not be getting "Password Incorrect".

I think this message is for something else.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Has an iCloud or email or calendar password recently been changed? It might be for Calendar or Mail trying to retrieve events/messages but without the new/updated/correct password for that account.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Yep, you're getting that message for something else, not the phone password. Most likely voicemail.

6. x986 thread starter macrumors regular

Guys 'n' Gals, thank you. It seems (initially) that was the problem. I am no longer clueless, just codeless. :)