Question for UK peeps re Data plans

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TonyStarks, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TonyStarks macrumors newbie

Waiting on my 3G IP2. What data plans are you guys using and what provider? How often do you use your 3g and how much data do you use?

What good offers are about?

Thanks!

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Best monthly plan is probably from Three, £7.50 a month for 1GB.

3. FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

T-mobile get an android phone contract 3gb data per month sell the phone bank the money then chop the sim card ;)

UPDATE

Just checked and they have now limited it to 500mb per month for new customers I still have an old sim with 3gb.

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

I use O2 1Gb a month, but tend to use wi-fi a lot so would use nowhere near the 1Gb out and about, luckily on my iPad 1 SIM it rolled over so usually had at least 3Gb to play with. Hope new card on iPad 2 does the same.

5. jaintheuk macrumors newbie

I got my iPad from 3 on a 24 month contract. Upfront cost £349 (includes £30 discount for existing 3 customers). £25 per month for 15gb. This suits me as this will replace my home laptop.:)

6. jamies90 macrumors regular

On Three here on their £15 p/m sim only deal which you get 10GB data included.

Very fast connection, coverage is second to none around here (easily beats o2/Orange/Voda).

Seems that they might be also ditching India call centres for home based as I spoke to someone in Scotland today about my sim.

7. nataliamck macrumors 6502

Yes, this is what I'm on.

Cut down my sim yesterday and it's working like a charm.

Had a wifi only model last time so don't know how much I'll use the 3G but I like that I now have the choice.

8. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani