Question for Verizon iPhone 4 users.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TantalizedMind, Mar 29, 2011.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Right now I pay a $10 fee for unlimited texting on my current phone with Verizon. I am thinking about FINALLY getting an iPhone this weekend but have one question..
    Is texting included in Verizon's $30 Data Package plan or is it separate? What do you pay for texting on your iPhone?

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

it is seperate.

3. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

It's separate from $30 unlimited data.

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

5. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

What do you guys pay for texting on your Verizon iPhone?

6. mtalsma macrumors newbie

mtalsma

I can only speak for myself, obviously... I pay 93.50 (after government discount) for a family plan with 1400 minutes and unlimited texting. On top of that, I pay $26.39 (again, after discount) for my data plan. Those numbers don't include taxes.

7. johnfnwhiteside macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just add $30 dollars to the total amount you pay now and that should be about what you will pay.

8. TantalizedMind thread starter macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Well I pay $0 because it only costs my parents $10 to be on their plan. heh. So I figured $30 for unlimited data + texting. But someone mentioned in another thread that there is a $15 plan I believe. He suggested to get that, download apps only on WiFi and use 3G for using the apps when out of the house. IDK how much data $15 gets you.. or how much data I would use in a month..

Thats why I wanted to be safe and get unlimited data.. but I would like to save the $15 if I am not going to use the 3G internet as much as I think I would. What do you guys think?

Thanks. :D

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Verizon doesnt offer the $15 200MB data plan, that's an AT&T iphone data plan.
    Verizon just has the $30 unlimited data.
    So add $30 plus taxes to what you pay now and that's how much extra its going to cost per month.

10. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

if you're on a family plan you can get a family plan unlimited texting rate, which gives everyone unlimited texting on the family plan, and will likely work out to being less than getting a texting plan for everyone (it's $30 a month on ATT, and we have 5 lines all getting unlimited texting on that, not sure what itll cost for VZ)

the $15 plan is ATT only, you have to get the $30 data plan on VZ currently

11. johnfnwhiteside macrumors newbie

the texting will come off of your family plan so whatever you have for texting now is what you'll have with the iphone. the only changes that will happen is the added $30 for data and i believe some added taxes. So if you right now pay $10, with the iphone you should be paying around $40.

12. sbddude macrumors 6502a

you can use google voice and text for free.

1. install the official GV app
    2. jailbreak
    3. install SMS GV Extension
    4. install bite SMS (optional)

All texts sent now will use your GV number and be free.