Question for Web Development

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by bluemonkeyguy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

How long would it averagely take to learn the necessary programming/code/flash/html for website #1:

http://www.lesoireebanquethall.com/

and website #2:

http://www.chicowebdesign.com/

I already have the designing/hosting/domain aspects down but I want to just create the website core (see examples above) on my own, without having to sucker up to web designing services that offer templates, etc.. I have master cs5 but i was also wondering applications and (or) learning supplements should i read/watch.

I have no knowledge of html/flash coding/css/php/javascript/etc. Should I just purchase a template or is it feasible to just learn and create my own? I am really eager to learn to create my own (really similar to website #1) but if it is way too much work/hassle, might as well purchase a template.

2. harpster macrumors regular

3. designguy79 macrumors 6502

100 to 2,000 hours. :D

Seriously, through, its impossible to say because everyone is different. I know people who can put in 1 to 2 hours and pick up a new programming language in a snap, and I know others who have spent endless hours trying to just get their head around the basics.

Your best bet is to jump in and find out if you like the challenges (because there are plenty to work through!) or not.

HTH,

~ Jeremy

4. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

We're professionals, and have been doing it for 8 years, and it probably took us 2-250 hours to produce that site :) There are some dynamic aspects to the portfolio and a lot of jquery.

5. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Well, you're ambitious, I'll give you that :D

As mentioned above, why not try and create a simple web page, see how that goes and how well you take it in (try HTML and CSS to start with). Then decide if it's feasible to take on a project of that scope yourself, or whether it will work out more cost and time effective to hire someone.

Personally, I think it would take you 3-6 months to do it (finger in air guess) from scratch.

6. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

Chicowebdesign = WIN by the way, nice work!