Question for you educated Macbook users

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by optimus187prime, Dec 8, 2007.

1. optimus187prime macrumors newbie

I am new to macs and was planning on getting a black 13' macbook. My question is do you think it is a good time to get one? I am just nervous that if I get a macbook then this rumored $1500 ultra-portable comes out, I look like a jerk:mad: because I bought the old model for more. I know that the CPU was just upgraded and Leopard is still brand spanking new but just wanted to know what everyone recommends.

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Something new is always just around the corner. Apple updates their laptops around every six months. If you're always rubbernecking the newest gear, you will never be happy with what you have. Buy now, buy later, it's going to be superseded by something newer within half a year. The only way you'll ever be happy with your purchase is if you stop yearning for the newest things. Easier said than done, I know. Still working on it myself.

3. optimus187prime thread starter macrumors newbie

^^^ Definitely my problem, first it was I will wait for Leopard, then I will wait for the CPU upgrade now its like crap do I just keep waiting. With my music equipment (guitar) we call this G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). Well I guess I might just take the plunge.

4. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

That being said, buying very close to major media and trade events is begging for being outdated. Wait until the January 15th Macworld keynote to see what's coming out and when, then buy whatever's new or updated and you'll maximize your time before it's outdated.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if you want a macbook buy now as it was just updated

if you want to hold out for an ultra-portable wait till macworld on jan 15th