Question: HD crashed and iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ~Phi, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ~Phi macrumors regular

Hi All,

Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed and I lost everything.

I'm looking for a way to sync all of the songs/videos/photos/contacts/movies currently on my iphone onto the new computer(HD).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Note: I don't have any 3rd party apps installed.

Thanks.

2. tsvb macrumors 6502

Install iTunes and sync your iPhone.

3. ~Phi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response.

I started to sync my phone with the newly installed version of itunes but it wants to erase the music on my phone and replace it with what is currently in the new library (nothing).

I'm wondering if there is a way to copy the music already on the phone to the new itunes library.

4. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

This very same thing happened to me and I synced the iPhone on my new computer and was able to get all of my contacts, Safari bookmarks, and iCal info onto my new computer using iTunes (just be sure the 'replace info' checkboxes are cleared). You will not be able to use iTunes to sync back music and photos. To get the music, I used an app called iPod Acess. The photos are optimized for the iPhone, so even if you found a method of transferring them to your Mac (I could not), they wouldn't be optimized for viewing on your computer.

5. ~Phi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks swindmill!

That program was able to successfully pull all music from your iphone to your new computer? I'm definitely going to give it a try tonight. =D

6. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

Yeah. As far as I know it is the only app that works with the iPhone. It is shareware, but if you only need it once, that shouldn't matter.