Question/Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fatt Kidd, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Fatt Kidd macrumors newbie

I have a facotry unlocked 4s. ( bought in and Apple Store in DC ) same with my child..

I am stationed overseas right now, I will be back in the USA next month for good.

Here is my question, I have always had Verizon for a cell company. but that was prior to owning our iPhones. So here is the question, can they be used with verizon? Can i get use them on a Verizon plan?

TIA

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i think the 4S is a cdma/gsm phone and can work on either carrier upon purchase.

however, since you have been using it on a gsm network overseas, im not sure if the carrier settings will allow for use on verizons cdma network. the SIM slot is unlocked, using on a GSM carrier wont be an issue, but i have a feeling that verizon wont be able to or refuse to activate its MEID on their network. i know that when a CDMA iphone boots up for the first time, it prompts you to select which carrier its to operate on. i dont know if this will now lock you out of activation on verizon.

best thing to do is call verizon and ask or send them an email through their website (they usualy respond to technical issues via email within a day). or when you get home, bring it to verizon and see what they can do. if not, sell it and buy an already verizon activated 4s.

3. Fatt Kidd thread starter macrumors newbie