question: how long

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by matthewroth, Mar 7, 2008.

1. matthewroth macrumors member

how long before erica (tuaw) or some one else uses the contents and resources in the SDK to make apps and then uses jailbreak/installer to distribute them.

wouldnt be hard to do!

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I would assume it would have to be a case of the people who do the jailbreaks would need to get their hands on the update first before anythin is set in stone for when a jailbreak will make apps available.

and the SDK update isn't out for a couple months so its all just a bit early to speculate I think, if I have read everything correctly the update wont be out till june? so a little wait is ahead for 2.0

3. matthewroth thread starter macrumors member

the SDK is out, you can download it now. i am not talking app store... i am saying why not just use the resources (images, programing) from the sdk to make more apps like the ones that have been comming out for installer for ages.

Matt.

4. jbarr macrumors regular

That would be interesting. I read elsewhere that apps developed with the SDK require v2.0 of the firmware to run, but I see what you mean: Use elements from the SDK to make more professional-grade Jailbroken apps. Hmmm.

5. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Thats a pretty interesting idea, unless the apps need utilities that just aren't present on our 1.1.x firmware. Hopefully I'm wrong and we see some slick apps coming out ;)