Question: How to create/edit forms on iPAD

Discussion in 'iPad' started by busterbluth, Jun 2, 2012.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

For my work, I would love to have a form that I could use and edit on my iPad for each client. Ideally, the form would have drop down menus and I can select the appropriate item. Then I could print the entire form after I have completed it.

I am not sure where to begin, as of now our system is entirely paper. I have created a PDF file that has drop down menus, but every time I export it to word or try and export it to my iPad in PDF form, the menus don't show up.

Anyone have any idea how to approach this? Thanks!!

2. EthanMiller macrumors member

Adobe has it's free Adobe Reader for iPad that I believe can handle the drop down menus. It's free, so no harm trying it out.

Otherwise, a solution like Bento for iPad (http://www.filemaker.com/products/bento/ipad.html, $9.99) may be appropriate if you want to completely digitize it. There's a corresponding Mac piece as well. I note that I've never tried Bento personally, but I've heard good things about it. Bento would require you to redo your current forms in it. I do not know about printing.

3. Geekzter macrumors newbie

Try FormConnect for iPad. I think it is exactly what your looking for. I've created many forms for my profession with this program.

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

5. Bob- macrumors newbie

I've created forms using adobe on my pc and then complete/fill the, out using PDF Expert, it handles form very well, and links up with Dropbox.