Question. I Bought 3g 3 Months Ago, I Just Ordered 3gs......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DEAN616, Jun 11, 2009.

1. DEAN616 macrumors member

I bought the 3g like 3 months ago. 2 nights ago when apple unveiled the 3gs i went on apple and preordered the 3gs. I chose to do a early upgrade. They asked for the number that the phone will be on. Now, when i receive the phone on the 19th, what do i do with my sim from my 3g? Will the 3gs already have service? Also, im gonna sell my 3g, do i take the sim out, and will the person buying it have any problems activating their service on it? Sorry for all the questions.

2. alejovh1 macrumors regular

when you get the new phone just swap your sim card to the new one and sync with itunes.

3. DEAN616 thread starter macrumors member

will the person I sell mine to do the same thing.

4. aluren macrumors 65816

i'm in the same boat and i asked an apple rep. he said that if you order your phone through apple, they would already have your acct info and phone number. so once you receive the phone, just activate it on itunes and your old sim card will be disabled. take the sim card out of your 3G and you can sell it on ebay.

and who cares what the buyer does with it! lol... they can unlock the phone themselves through jailbrake or some sim card with unlocking features. but most importantly, you should restore your 3G and wipe all data away.

5. DEAN616 thread starter macrumors member

I know but a jailbroken iphone goes for more on ebay, so i was just making sure it would work when they got it. Did your payment already come out of your bank account, because mine didnt yet. But i got sent a confirmation email and everything.

6. aluren macrumors 65816

i paid through my credit card, so i don't think it's charged yet.