Question if someone can help with SPRINT 4s

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sam311, Jun 28, 2012.

1. sam311 macrumors newbie

sam311

Hi I am new to this forum and glad that I joined . I love hacking and love doing things that can change the world :) and help others do.
    Well here is what i have been looking for and trying to configure for a while: I have an iPhone 4S Sprint CDMA . What i am trying is to unlock it . So I went and bought a Gevey Sim card that promised that i will unlock my iPhone , Once I got it I jailbreak the phone did the unlock and nothing happens except it tells you that your iPhone is unlocked and it did not unlock it.
    Does anyone know if there is a real unlock for it ? and where to go in San Fernando valley ? I called AAA in Lankershim BLVD in North Hollywood where the guys are supper great specially the Asian guy that works there , He is one great honest person to deal with , He will never cheat you he makes real honest living thats why they are successful and get a lots of business , I have send many guys there.
    But dispute all this can anyone help if there is a way to unlock and use my phone.
    Best Regards to all and glad that I joined this great family of MacRumors

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. sam311 thread starter macrumors newbie

sam311

It doesn't work thats what i had . It is misleading people , Did you try it ? How do you know that thats what i need when i bought it it did not work at all. Cheers. Don't trust what people post unless you try it on your own.
    Cheers

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You do understand that the gevey unlock only works for gsm providers, correct? It's not going to get you on cdma providers like verizon, cricket, etc.

Maybe you should tell us what you're trying to do.

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

There, got it for you...

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

What is the purpose of having two threads about the same issue ?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1395869

If you want to move this phone to a different CDMA network, you must have it flashed and the carrier you flash it to must be willing to accept the phone to their network.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

this Sorry I missed that he was trying to stay on a CDMA network yes Dave is correct of course unlocking won't help you here. I guess I got lost in that whole Asian thing..

8. sam311 thread starter macrumors newbie

sam311

How do i flash it ? and where ? I want it to work with SIMPE MOBILE and as i stated my phone is CDMA . Would it work .
    What site or where do I go to flash my iPhone?

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

you have to talk to the carrier give provide your imei it's up to them if they want to accept the phone on your network. this is not a Gevey's fault or Appleberry it's a case where you difn;t understand that unlocking has nothing to do with CDMA networks. even Official unlocked phones tell you they are not supported on CDMA.

from Apple
    The unlocked iPhone works only on supported GSM networks, such as AT&T in the U.S. When you travel internationally, you can also use a micro-SIM card from a local GSM carrier. The unlocked iPhone will not work with CDMA carriers such as Verizon Wireless or Sprint.

10. sam311 thread starter macrumors newbie

sam311

For your news this iPhone worked overseas I had installed a Vidafone sim card and used it for 8 months . So why you guys post things that you have no idea what you talking about. I only post things that I am 100% sure and what I posted are things that happened to me Like the Gevey card is BS it doesn't work with CDMA where when I bought it it stated CDMA SPRINT 5.1.1 and will unlock my iPhone but it did not . I tried it at other providers and it wasn't unlocked where Gevey card said your iPhone is unlocked. So please post what you sure of
    Have a great week end ya all

11. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

From Gevey themselves: The GEVEY Ultra S is a thin microprocessor that sits between your network SIM card and the base-band hardware, allowing you to use your GSM and CDMA iPhone 4S on all worldwide GSM networks.

It will let you use it on all GSM networks. It does not follow that you will also be able to use it on all CDMA networks. We ARE sure. You're the one who is mistaken.

Also, CDMA does not use a SIM card, so it would stand to reason that a SIM card cannot unlock a CDMA phone (or the CDMA aspect of the iPhone 4S).

12. dhlizard, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Of couse, the Gevey sim does unlock the sim slot.
    That won't help you to use it on a different CDMA carrier.

Direct quote from Applenberry website:

Code:
    Unlock your CDMA iPhone 4S to use on GSM networks
    Unlock your CDMA iPhone 4S with the GEVEY Ultra S Multi-Network turbo SIM and use it on GSM networks around the world.

As I stated in "both" your threads, despite what you claim, you simply failed to correctly read the claims for the Gevey sim.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

Problem isn't Appleberry or the Gevey it's your lack of understanding about GSM vs a CDMA network any way you have a great weekend also..

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, this dude is clueless.
    I dont know why you guys bother with him, since he knows everything let him figure it out himself.
    I love helping people with bad and ungreatfull attitudes:D

15. sam311 thread starter macrumors newbie

sam311

Ok I have an iPhone 4s Sprint what would it be ? GSM OR CDMA? You tell me Please .

----------

Thank you you are sweet and helpful , I am just saying what i have and not trying to have an attitude towards anybody , I am just trying to get help and solve my problem, You might be an expert I am not i just joined and trying to get some info, i have been rereading a lot and each time i get something else. I asked what was my phone I was told that if it is a Sprint it should be CDMA OK now i took it to get it unlocked after i tried and they can't do it. The people I took it to is AAA in North Hollywood which i think that they know more than i do and they want to unlock my phone and make money CORRECT.
    Again thank you if you don't want to bother with me you don't have to I will never have a hard feeling or wish you anything bad , i am just a human who is trying to understand a bit what i am doing. Trust me so far I have spend over $300.00 and still at the point where i started. Again man no hard feelings , Please try to be nice to people we all make mistakes and have to forgive and not try to be rude to each other PLEASE.
    Have a great day.. God Bless You.

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

remember this post we know what we are talking about just fine CDMA phones can not be unlocked the carrier allows the phone to be used on there network guys at AAA don't know what they are talking about or your not explain it right. I will say it one more time. you don't understand what you are doing and your not willing to listen why should we waste time explaining it. Your 100% not listening!

CDMA PHONES CAN NOT BE UNLOCKED TO ANOTHER CDMA NETWORK

17. sam311 thread starter macrumors newbie

sam311

So please tell me where can i use this phone? with which provider ? Please assist me.If I can use it.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you still have the gevey sim you can use it to unlock the phone and use it on any GSM carrier.
    Not CDMA.
    Only GSM carriers.
    Try to read and understand the following from the Gevey site below:
    The GEVEY Ultra S is a thin microprocessor that sits between your network SIM card and the base-band hardware, allowing you to use your GSM and CDMA iPhone 4S on all worldwide GSM networks.

CDMA carriers will NOT allow another carriers CDMA phone to be used on their network, they want people to buy and use their phones only. There's nothing that can be done on your side, the phones serial has to be added and enabled on their database.
    So try to find out what carriers in the US are GSM and pick any of those.
    Examples are Tmobile, AT&T, redpocket, straighttalk, h20 and many others.

19. sam311 thread starter macrumors newbie

sam311

Thanks now it is clear . So of I unlock it with Gevey I can use GSM great I care less for CDMA if I can use GSM great good news for me . So I have to jail break it again and do unlock and then it will work when I install a GSM card? But it will still show my sprint network and Verizon won't let me use there prepaid ? Please let me know what you suggest and if it was you what would you do? I just want to be able to use my iPhone .
    Regards
    Sam

20. eastercat, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

:rolleyes:Since you obviously don't know what you're talking about, I'll just say it's obvious you're ignorant of the subject matter.
    When someone writes about having issues with an unlock on a cdma phone, they're usually a not so bright newbie trying to move to another cdma network. Since the OP didn't clarify his goals, I wanted concrete answers.

-Verizon is cdma. What part of you can't use another cdma provider don't you understand?
    -When you use sprint, their name shows up in the upper left hand side of the screen. If you use a different provider, their name shows up in the upper left hand side of the screen.
    -Applejuiced has already given you several examples of gsm providers that you can use in this country. If you choose to disregard his good advice, then google it yourself.

21. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sam311 In the future don't get mad a people and company's when you are the one that doesn't understand how things work. Oh and maybe work on the listening skills a little too! ;) no point in people giving or you asking advice if you won't listen. I'm not trying to be a jerk just fact is fact we all have to live and learn.

22. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

All 4S models are actually both. I don't think anyone here has actually stated this, so I'll try to clear it up. Apple now produces one single model of iPhone 4S, and carrier-locks it to the carrier you buy it from. So all 4S models are both GSM and CDMA. If you buy it from Sprint or Verizon, it uses the CDMA radio (but you can still use the GSM radio abroad, as you found out). If you buy from AT&T, the 4S uses the GSM radio, and thus the SIM slot. I've heard that Sprint will unlock your SIM slot if you ask them to, so long as you're traveling abroad and are a customer in good standing. Haven't researched that, though.

Thus, as many others have said, the Gevey card WILL unlock your 4S GSM radio for use with just about any GSM carrier in the US, but WILL NOT unlock your CDMA radio. Even if you do unlock your CDMA radio via a hack, you won't be able to activate it on a different CDMA network. Make sense?

Oh, yes, my other posts saying the exact same thing other people are (you can't use the Gevey card to unlock CDMA) prove conclusively that I don't know what I'm talking about. You asked what the OP was trying to do when OP had stated they were trying to unlock the phone. If you meant to ask what they were trying to accomplish by unlocking it, I didn't see that implication.

And, I was being a bit snarky as well... should have included some kind of smiley ;)

23. sam311 thread starter macrumors newbie

sam311

Thanks to all of you trying to help . I have one question ok i will and want to use GSM with other provider i don't care about the CDMA. So when i do the unlock with Gevey with the jailbreak when installing the sim of the new provider the Gevey card has to be all the time installed along with the new sim? Thats one thing that i did not understand, Cause after i did that i went to T-Mobile and tried there sim card and it will not activate it told us that a sim card is required that matches the same provider. So i just want to know maybe i did wrong if i have to have the Gevey chip with the new sim from my provider at all times installed so the GSM works.
    Regards

----------

Sorry i missed this i tries to open it on my iPhone and could not read it all ,Now i am on my computer , so i still have to keep the Gevey thin microprocessor with the new sim card from the new GSM provider to be able to use it and then it works? Great i never did that i just did the unlock and tried a sim card from T-Mobile and it did not work , So the guy was nice and took it back , so now i will go to Appleberry and get me another one.
    Thanks a million that was very helpful , you are the first and only guy that told me exactly that i have to use both to make it work .
    Best Regards
    Sam

----------

Thank you to all the great guys here that tried to help me , Now i am kind of clear and will try more learning and listening . ;):):apple:
    I am sorry i was very confused i was about to trash this iPhone but now thanks to all of you here i understood what i have to do and understood that i have to work it on GSM sim card provider.
    Ya all have a great weekend and happy 4TH and God Bless America.
    Many many :):):):):)