Question: Iphone 6 vs. 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iguy777, Sep 10, 2014.

1. iguy777 macrumors newbie

I am aware of most of the differences between the two Iphone models, but there are a few things I was hoping I could get cleared up. Thanks in advance.

1. I was under the impression that the 5.5 model came with 2gb ram and the 4.7 model came with 1 gb ram, but I don't see anybody commenting on that when discussing the two models in any other threads. Which makes me believe that I might be wrong considering how much pre-release talk there was about how 1bg ram would not be enough.

2. The second thing is really minor, but still I use the "I message" feature quite alot, so I am curious .... I have read in some threads about how the 5.5 inch model will have some special feature that has something to do with pictures and I messaging, but I can't really figure out exactly what they are talking about ...

Thanks again

2. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

We don't know yet how much RAM the 6 Plus has. Apple doesn't disclose that information so we'll have to wait for someone to tear one down and look at the actual chips first.

Messages (and a number of other apps) have additional features on the 6 Plus due to the increased screen size. Go to YouTube and look at some of the hands-on videos from yesterday's event. They ALL show both Messages and Mail in landscape on the 6 Plus.

3. crewpride macrumors member

I think the feature with imessage that you are referring to is showing avatars for each user you message when in landscape mode.

As for ram, we don't know. It could have more. It might not. We won't know till someone does a teardown. Apple doesn't disclose processor speed or the amount of ram.

4. ronm99 macrumors 6502

Apple never says how much RAM is in their devices, so anything you hear about RAM at this point is pure speculation. There is a "Geekbench" result that appears to be legit that indicates 1GB RAM for the iPhone 6. No one has anything other than a guess for the 6+. I would bet big money that the two phones will have the same RAM (probably 1GB).

As far as iMessage goes, the only thing that I can think of that would be different between the two is that the 6+ has iPad like split screens for some of the apps in landscape mode, and I think that iMessage is one of the apps with a different interface.

In the future, it is possible that other apps might also decide to have a different interface on the 6+ since it has a lot more screen to work with.

5. iguy777 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys .... That clears everything up !!!

6. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Any reason why they don't disclose this information?

7. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Because they generally lag the competition raw spec wise but make up for it with their uniquely tight integration of hardware and software. It's easier to just not talk about specs than try to explain why your iPhone/iPad works better/faster than the competition even though it specs out "worse."