[QUESTION] iPhone Charger Short-Circuit

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheCo13, May 29, 2016.

  1. TheCo13 macrumors newbie

    May 29, 2016
    My iphone charger got short ciruited because of the iphone cable which got it's outer covering ripped off already.

    The charger still works. But my question is, is it still safe to use?
    On the cable, there isnt any sign of damage to the wirings. (I removed a bit of the wire mesh because it also burned)

    As for other things, the fuse on the extension cord blew up and the circuit breaker for my room tripped.

    Another thing, the part that got short-circuited is the AC prongs.
  2. chscag macrumors 68030


    Feb 17, 2008
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I would consider that not safe to use any longer. Buy another charger for your iPhone as they are not expensive and easy to find.
  3. TheCo13, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016

    TheCo13 thread starter macrumors newbie

    May 29, 2016
    @chscag I don't like going for those inexpensive chargers .-. Also I also find those good quality chargers quite expensive because I'm just a student with a low budget.

    Why do you think it's not safe any longer? Does that mean my computer's PSU is also not safe anymore for use because it's in the same extension cord? (Shorting one point means shorting the whole thing isn't it)

    Just thoughts.

    Just to remind, it's not the USB that got short circuited. It's the AC prongs.

Share This Page