[QUESTION] iPhone X Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mgadoury, Sep 20, 2017.

1. mgadoury macrumors 6502a

mgadoury

Hey everyone, I know there is a lot of mixed feelings about the iPhone X and the notch and all but I actually like the look of the phone and think it IS unique. So I got the iPhone 7 Plus last year for free through my carrier (T-Mobile), and it’s free because they are basically paying the 24 month thing. So I can’t sell my 7plus yet until they finish paying that off next year. Now, I am debating how to pay for the iPhone X. The Apple upgrade program is enticing because if they do ever make some important changes to the phone next year, it will not be an issue upgrading I’m getting the new one. The only downside is, it is a bit more expensive in the end paying for the Apple upgrade program. I could also just buy the phone out right. What do people recommend? What are people’s experiences with the Apple upgrade program?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I can't exactly speak for the Apple upgrade program, but the advantage of purchasing your iPhone out right, is that you own it and then you can do so what you want with it when you're ready to upgrade again and you're not under any obligations with Apple and the program stipulations.

3. mgadoury thread starter macrumors 6502a

mgadoury

Yeah the only thing is you have to worry about selling it if you do upgrade or if you trade in you don’t get nearly what it is worth

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That is true. But some don't like to be tied under contractual obligation's. But if you upgrade anyway, an upgrade program might be your better option.

5. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

I don’t know so much, for example Game (a UK shop) are currently offering £430 for the iPhone 7 Plus 128GB, that just over half of what I paid for mine, considering I’ve had it for 12 months that’s not too bad. When I pre-order the iPhone X next month I’m sure that will go down but as long as it doesn’t go below £400 I’ll be happy to sell it.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2017 ---
    Yea that’s my thinking, I like to know that I own the device and can do as I please, that’s why I buy everything I own outright, I don’t like debt, but that’s just me and my own personal thinking.

6. KrisLord macrumors 68000

The upgrade program is interest free, so if you already buy AppleCare there’s no reason not to sign up to the plan.