Question is: Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cakiman11, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Cakiman11 macrumors newbie

Just answer yes or no, the only issue we're talking about here is the reception issue, other issues may be fixable. My iphone should arrive this week, so i'll try it out, and if I don't like it, i'll return it.

2. Branskins macrumors 65816

3. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

I'm not an Apple fan at all, and pretty far from it. This however was worth it and by far my best experience so far with a smart phone.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It's definitely worth it. I'm coming from a Windows Mobile phone (HTC Touch Pro) and the iPhone 4 is leagues better!

5. slothy420 macrumors member

It's absolutely worth it. I freakin LOVE my iphone 4

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Totally worth it.

Get a good case for it whether or not it has the antenna issue. You'll be glad you did next year when you want to trade it in for a new iPhone.

7. lnferno macrumors 6502

yes

Unfortunately, what we have here is a case of Apple/iPhone4 being king of the mountain so to speak and as such, they have a target on their back. Despite the fact that all of the other smartphones have the same issue, the media has over-sensationalized this issue that is NOT specific to the iPhone and the media has turned it into an Apple smear campaign.

If you haven't done so already, take a look at the press conference video today. I think that should solidify the question "is it worth it" for you.

8. appleg33k macrumors member

negative. not worth it. its a defective phone. why pay money for a defective phone?

9. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

It's an excellent phone but do yourself a favor and don't leave without a case.

10. Sinfire macrumors regular

11. hipvamore macrumors regular

12. tesilential macrumors regular

I just moved from an excellent 3G area to a so so 3G area and I'm still keeping this... Actually typing from it now.

13. iSavant macrumors regular

14. Cakiman11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great feedback, reception issues don't really bother me, people are making a big fuss out of all of this and phones in the past have had the same problem, but since the customer wasn't looking for a defect to point out, it was overlooked. Oh and I don't get how someone can use the grip of death to make a call, so uncomfortable, I use my fingertips, as I have done since I remember!

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

16. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

17. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

You're asking a forum of Apple fans so of course they are going to reaffirm your notions of keeping the phone. That being said the reception issue is totally blown out of proportion and not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. That and the iPhone being one of the best phones on the market make it an obvious "yes".

18. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Absolutely yes.

I'm usually more of an observer on here, but I'm finding it insane how much negativity is being drummed up due to a problem I've never once experienced. Don't get me wrong, there are clearly people having issues, I'm not blind to that. But I couldn't recommend the phone enough! If your still not sure, just give it a go. I'm positive you'll not want to get rid of it.

19. VTAb182 macrumors regular

The reception isn't fixable? There are plenty of thing you can do to fix it. PLENTY.

As for your question: yes, definitely