Question, is your 30" ACD all perfectly lit even or one side is bit brighter?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Apr 11, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I owned the 30" for a few days last year before returning it thinking it was way too big.. but these days I'm aching for more screen space and want to get the 30" ACD again..

But one problem did arise last year with the 30" ACD that I had was the backlighting. I remember the backlighting was uneven the left side was brighter than the right side.. is this true for most 30" ACDs just because its big or I just had a defective display??

2. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Mine is perfect, along with all the displays at the store. You may have had a defective unit.

3. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Second that. All the one that are in the newsroom and in the photo department are just fine.

4. junior77 macrumors regular

Yep, mine started going back within the first year....but it was more top to bottom, had it replaced.

5. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

the left side or I cant remember the right side but I remembered one of the side was slightly brighter than the other.. wasnt a huge difference but was noticable when viewing light grey or white backgrounds.. I hope it was just a defective unit for me because I'm seriously considering one soon...

6. snagitseven macrumors member

One side is slightly dimmer than the other only if I close one eye. When both eyes are open it's perfect.

7. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I got my 30" display today, perfect with no dancing pixels or any dead/stuck pixels but one thing to note is that the far right side is a teeny bit brighter than the far left, I can only tell if I drag a white background to the far left side as to the far right side... I've read a lot on many forums and this is the norm for all the 30", its not a big problem where its barely noticable but just curious as to why that would be?

8. Erwin-Br macrumors 6502a

Erwin-Br

Ugh. Knowing that would drive me nuts! At work I used to have a HP panel with the same issue. It got more annoying every day.

--Erwin

9. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

If I'm using it without looking for it, I dont notice it but if I keep trying to compare the whites then I do notice it, its kind of hard to describe.. its more of warmer color to the far right and teeny bit cooler color to the far left.. hmm, either way I love this 30" I'm just glad there's no dead/stuck pixel or dancing pixels like I've been reading about.