Question: JB 2.0.2 to Stock 2.1 to (Future) JB 2.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by allurbase, Sep 9, 2008.

  1. allurbase macrumors member

    Jul 24, 2008
    I recently jailbroke my phone running fw 2.0.2 and just a couple days ago got to the point where I was completely satisfied with my apps and ui set up. I decided to try out jb since I had no lag, call issues, or other various problems I assumed would be remedied in the 2.1 release (I also didn't see myself needing push that often, if it was to be included).

    Now that one of the promises of the new 2.1 fw is "significantly improved battery life," something I wasn't really anticipating, I'm deciding beforehand whether I'll be upgrading to stock 2.1 when it is released and then waiting on the 2.1 jailbreak.

    Now, my Question.. Is there someway I can backup the current state of my JB 2.0.2 (UI, files altered and swapped thru SSH, etc..) and when JB 2.1 is released be able to restore all those things quickly and easily? Or will I just have to go through redownloading, reinstalling, reapplying, etc.. all the apps and theming I used if i do upgrade to stock 2.1?

    Thanks in advance for any responses.
  2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

    Apr 13, 2007
    wait a few days until they pwn it. no sense updating it... let other people beta test it for you. Never update unless you see a review.
  3. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

    Sep 12, 2007
    As im running 2.0.2 from a jailbraked 2.0.1 I want to know if 2.1 locks it again or not.

    I don't want to be a guinea pig :p

    I don't use jailbrake apps so it doesn't bother me.

Share This Page