Question: Macbook for iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rbfinch2, Sep 25, 2016.

1. rbfinch2 macrumors member

I have this oppurtunity to get a MacBook Pro and all I have to do is swap my iPad Pro 9.7, clamshell. I'm not sure about the technology of an i7 from 2012 but do you guys think the deal is good or not? Below are the specs:

Apple MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.3 15" Mid-2012, 500gb ssd, 16gb RAM

2. jdasikainen macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

that is defiantly worth it the i7 isn't too deferent then the current models and will be a nice pro former and do everything the iPad does and more.

3. rbfinch2 thread starter macrumors member

It doesn't have the Retina display but I'm assuming the display is still nice for this model?

4. jdasikainen macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

yes and its actually in my opinion for that year model better to have the non retina model better battery life and all. and upgradable u can upgrade the ram and hard drive and it has a superdrive in it unlike the retina model.

5. vlinkz macrumors regular

Hah, I just picked up one of these machines. Same model, i7 mid-2012. I got it for free though so I cannot complain at all. The screen is also not a retina and has a resolution of 1440x900 and the guy who had it before me hardly used it. The battery is at 95% original capacity.

It's a great device with Sierra working perfectly.

6. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

Definitely a yes.

The previous owner already upgrade the memory and replace the hard drive with a solid state drive.

7. jdasikainen macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

then for sur e go for it will be a real nice machine