Question mark over Quicktime videos, nothing on the internet seems to fix it.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrono1081, Dec 30, 2013.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hi guys,

I have a video series that is local on my machine. The videos are in the right place and load fine if I navigate to them and work fine in Firefox, but if I try and use Safari I get a little question mark over a quicktime logo and nothing loads.

I can repeat this on my other machine too and it happens for every video. It just started happening fairly recently so I assume maybe the last Safari update did it. Has anyone run into this or have any suggestions on how to maybe fix this? Internet searches only turned up things from 2007 regarding MIME settings which are no longer part of Quicktime it appears.

I'm on a Mac and all my software is up to date. It does this in Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

2. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

Why are you playing the videos in a browser? Try using the Quicktime app itself if it is just a video. Hope this helps.

3. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

The browser gives it a lot of extra useful features. The videos are pretty technical and by using the browser you can search for sections in the entire list of videos and go directly to specific spots.

Its the Modo Rigging Master Course if anyone has it.

4. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

Is it like an HTML file with embedded videos? It sounds like there are just chapter markers to sort. Could you provide some screenshots? Quicktime has the capability built in to go through chapter markers. I'm not entirely sure whats going on here right now.