Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksabek

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
hello i have a big problem, suddenly my mac froze so i force shut down and when rebooting instead of the apple sign a folder with a question mark keeps blinking with no response, so what shall i do?!!!! does it need a format?!!! i have stuff on my ilife that i didnt back up yet....is there any way that i can access the hard drive or somethin to back up my data?!!!!!! i have time machine but last time i updated it was a month ago!!! pls help!!

ksabek

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
i did everything that the troubleshoot page said...i restarted the comp by the cd to access the disk utility and still no help...still same problem!!!!!
pls HELP!!!

bozz2006

macrumors 68030
Aug 24, 2007
Minnesota
sounds like your drive is toast. you may have luck recovering the data with a program like disk warrior... i'd like to soften the blow, but i'm not sure that's feasible.

ksabek

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
i hope thats not the case....wut im trying is that im restoring the date from my time machine back up to the macbook, hopefully this would help because it is over writing everythin on my internal HD which might stop the problem!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.