Question Marks on Dock

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by kcw64, Aug 16, 2015.

1. kcw64 macrumors newbie

kcw64

How do I remove the question marks from the dock and put the current/correct program icons back. I know you can drag them off the dock and let go and they disappear, but as soon as I reboot my Mac they all switch right back. Some of these have done this since upgrading to Mavericks and then more since Yosemite. My Calendar, contacts, iPhoto, and VLC icons are all question marks now. There are also a couple programs I no longer use that are question marks too. But I drag them all off and have even put the correct icons in their place, but then reboot and it just reverts back.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Right click on one of those in the Dock and see if you have "Open at Login" checked. If you do, uncheck it, then drag the icon out of the Dock.

Screen Shot 2015-08-17 at 8.26.05 AM.png

3. kcw64 thread starter macrumors newbie

kcw64

@Weaselboy I have looked at that in the past. The only thing under option is "remove from dock". I click that and it just comes right back next time I reboot.

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 10.38.05 PM.jpg

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Run the app EtreCheck and post the report it creates. It will show all login and startup/launch items so we can pin this down.