Question Marks

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sgtbob, Dec 20, 2013.

1. sgtbob macrumors regular

sgtbob

I seem to have some question marks that are 'greyed' out at the top of some of my files on my iMAC, OS 10.9 Mavericks. The issue does not appear to be caused by the Reunion program I am running. The presence of these question marks does not seem to affect any programs data, but I would like to eliminate them if possible. :confused:

Can anyone help me to figure how to correct them or advise how they may have gotten there? See sample attached:

Attached Files:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Try holding the Command key down while you drag them off the toolbar. They can be shortcuts to files/folders that were added to the toolbar inadvertently. When the file/folder is moved or deleted, the shortcuts turn to question marks. Many have created these without knowing it, while dragging files or folders.

Here's how to add an image to a forum post.

3. sgtbob thread starter macrumors regular

sgtbob

Questions Marks

Your suggestion did allow me to remove the question marks and I thank you.

Still trying to figure how to use your suggestion to 'add an image to a forum post'. Will experiment and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

:)

4. sgtbob thread starter macrumors regular

sgtbob

Questions Marks

Attempt at using your 'add an image to a forum post'.

It appears that the recommended procedure is like the one I initially used. If it differs, please advise.:confused:

Bob

Attached Files:

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE:
    Untitled.png

The problem was your choice of file type. A PDF or DOC file can't show up as a picture. A PNG, GIF of JPEG can.

B