Question MBP i5 i7?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lcstm, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Lcstm macrumors newbie

ok so i am getting a macbook pro and have the money now and well i am not exactly in the know on CPU and things like

so what is the difference of the i5 and i7

on that note should i wait? i am looking at the 15" MBP i dont need it now but will over the summer and will i notice a difference in the speed?

btw i will be running programs like
    photoshop
    auto cadd
    painter
    autodesk
    and other programs of that sort

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

It has been said in this forum many times, but I shall say it once again. If you have the money, and want it now, then buy it now. Just make sure that you don't keep on waiting for too long, otherwise you'll be waiting forever.

I'm more up to date on the desktop versions of these processors, but from my understanding, there isn't a TON of difference between mobile i5 & i7. However, the difference between the current C2D chips and the CPUs could be significant. In my opinion, the real determining factor is the style of computing you use. Are you the kind of guy who will be running multiple tasking applications at once, or just one at a time? If the former, probably wait, if the latter, no reason to not buy now.

3. Lcstm thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks i guess i will wait and sorry for repeating it

i just wasnt sure bec my current laptop sounds like a wind turbine when i try to run painter and photoshop at the same time

4. rasmusDoh macrumors regular

I'm not really doing any Photo or Video editing - well only a tiny bit and only once in a while (e.g. iPhone icons and other small stuff like that).
    I do like to multitask somewhat though - but mostly with programs like Safari, Excel and Word running at the same time!

I'm going to study economics this summer. Based on what you're saying the difference between C2D and the new processors wouldn't be that noticeable for my uses?

Am i right? :)

5. MossyForest macrumors newbie

Autodesk

Autodesk wont run too well for mac. Sorry to burst your bubble.

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Autodesk is not an application nor program nor software. It is a company that produces and sells many software titles though.

You need to be more specific, what application you want to use, as not every Autodesk title is Mac OS X compatible and does need Windows / Linux to run.

7. Lcstm thread starter macrumors newbie

really well thats fine i only use it 10% of the time do u have a suggestion of a program to replace it then?

8. Lcstm thread starter macrumors newbie

for Autodesk
    Autodesk Inventor
    AutoCAD
    Autodesk SketchBook Pro

9. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

You would not know the difference. The biggest difference would be to go from an HD to an SSD; then the difference is pretty dramatic.