Question: MBP now or later

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bustercap, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. Bustercap macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2007
    #1
    I am most likely going to buy a macbook pro soon, and i was wondering if i should buy it now, or wait until leopard comes out, in case there's a hardware update to the MBP to go along with leopard? Please let me know your thoughts.

    :apple: :apple:
     
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2004
    Location:
    Adelaide, Australia
    #2
    Wait for Leopard and you won't have to pay to upgrade the OS.
     
  3. MrFrankly macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2006
    #3
    Later, always buy later. When leopard comes out you should wait for the next update because it will have Penryn - after that you should wait for the new MBP redesign - by then Intel will have a new mobile CPU out and it will be even faster. Wait, and eventually you will keep waiting forever.

    The current MBP is pretty nice and October is still far away, updating to Leopard will cost you $129 at most. So if you find $129 more important than 4/5 months waiting, wait. If you find 4/5 months more important than $129 buy it now.
     
  4. brutusvimes macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2007
    #4
    Easily the best answer to this question ever. It's common sense, mate. Don't get caught up in the upgrade madness. Buy when you feel like it and be happy with it.
     
  5. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

    Kamera RAWr

    Joined:
    May 15, 2007
    Location:
    I'm where I need to be
    #5
    haha, love it! The point rings true though, there are ALWAYS upgrades on the horizon. If you want/need it now, buy it now. :D
     

Share This Page