Question: Miglia Tvmini HD on my Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by accsuperstar, May 16, 2007.

1. accsuperstar macrumors newbie

I have been looking at a few tv cards for my mac pro.

Currently I have digital cable service from Time Warner cable. We have a TV downstairs with the HD cable box that will pick up the encrypted HD channels. In my roommates room he has an HDTV w/ QAM and is able to pickup standard cable channels as well as the normal HD channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc).

If i have the TVMini HD, will I be able to do the same if I plug into the wall? I know i will be able to get the QAM HD channels, but I wanted to make sure I can pickup the standard cable channels (non HD) as well.

Thanks in advance!

2. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

The TVmini HD will not pick up any analog channels. It will pick up all unencrypted digital channels. If Time Warner has the standard cable channels as digital channels and they are unencrypted, then you will be able to recieve them.

For instance, on my sony tv, it picks up both analog and clear qam. The analog channel will coincide with the channel listed on the cable lineup and then there is also the digital version of that channel usually numbered something like 93.45. My TVminiHD will not see the analog version, only the digital version. There is also a lot of channels that are encrypted so I don't get the entire lineup. Hope that made some sense and helped!

You could always wait for the TVminiHD+ which sounds more like what you are wanting.