Question : MKV to iTunes - How To Keep Language Track ?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by james341, Oct 24, 2014.

1. james341 macrumors regular

Hello
    I have lots of MKV Movies files.
    Today i'm using ATV 3 With "Plex Connect" to watch them on my TV.
    Ii found the Skysoft application to transfer the MKV to MOV file so i can put the files into my iTunes Library .
    All my MKV files have 2 Dubbed Languages and in Plex i can choose which language i want.
    When using the skysoft it doesn't give the option to choose the Language i prefer and after the MOV file is ready and i play it in iTunes , also iTunes doesn't give me the option to choose.
    Is there an application that convert well 720p HD MKV files to MOV files and also give the option to choose the Language i want?

thanks

2. priitv8 macrumors 68030

First of all : MOV files don't play well with :apple:TV.
    Second - why don't you just take MP4Tools and re-mux them into :apple:TV-compatible M4V-s??
    MP4Tools has no problems with multiple sound tracks.

But to begin with: your movie needs to be M4V for :apple:TV even search for multiple audio tracks in it!

3. james341, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

james341 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

I will give it a try
    didn't knew the Mp4tools application

Update :

I've downloaded the mp4tools and i have some questions about it :

1. Once the process end I'm trying to put the m4v file in iTunes and it won't let me so how can play it on my ATV?
    2. What is the advantages of the register version?
    3. Do i need to change some setting to get the video in the best quality ?

thanks

4. McScooby macrumors 6502a

checkout smart converter pro 2 in the MAS, does everything for you & you don't have to think.

5. james341 thread starter macrumors regular

Will give it a try .....what is the different between the pro version and the free one?

6. McScooby macrumors 6502a

think it's the option to queue films, on free version I think it's 3. load it up & leave it to do its stuff, slight trial & error to get it the way you want it, but once done hassle free.

7. Devlonc macrumors member

8. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Just use Subler to remux MKV, to MP4 files and add the audio tracks you want to keep.

9. dazed macrumors 6502a

I may not be understanding your problems but for itunes I use handbrake to convert from mkv to m4v.

I've had it store English and a commentary track no problems and just select what I want on my Apple TV.

10. JackieInCo macrumors 601

iFlicks. It is the ONLY app I use to convert from MKV to m4v and it not only grabs artwork and metadata, it only takes a few minutes to do AND imports it into iTunes.

I tagged, converted and imported in to iTunes a whole season of the Simpsons in about 20 minutes.

You can also change the subtitles or delete some of them.