QUESTION - My 09 MBP has inertia scrolling??

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
How freakin' cool! I installed some new updates, restarted my computer and BOOM! I got inertia scrolling.

Was this some new development?? some new update sent out?

Just curious

DannySmurf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
How freakin' cool! I installed some new updates, restarted my computer and BOOM! I got inertia scrolling.

Was this some new development?? some new update sent out?

Just curious
Ya, the update for the new trackpad gave last-gen laptops the enhancement too.

Comment

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
OP, you mean to say that when Apple sends out a software update you don't even take the time to read what the update says before you install? :confused:

Comment

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
OP, you mean to say that when Apple sends out a software update you don't even take the time to read what the update says before you install? :confused:
Some of the time yes, others no - tonight was one of the "no's"

I figured if Apple is sending out updates then it's OK to download them - is that not always the case?

Comment

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Some of the time yes, others no - tonight was one of the "no's"

I figured if Apple is sending out updates then it's OK to download them - is that not always the case?
Well for the MOST part, yes it's fine but I'm a firm believer in "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It". Perfect example of this, iTunes. While Apple's last couple of updates made the album art very smooth, they took away one major important thing that I use constantly and that was Mute by Submenu. Many times I have multiple windows open in Spaces and I just switch to each app by clicking the Dock icon. While playing iTunes sometimes I want to mute the volume to watch a YouTube video. Normally I would just right click on the iTunes Dock icon and click Mute. Well Apple recently took that feature away silently in a software update. Now I have to bring iTunes to the forefront and mute by a keyboard command. Sucks.

Comment

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
Well for the MOST part, yes it's fine but I'm a firm believer in "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It". Perfect example of this, iTunes. While Apple's last couple of updates made the album art very smooth, they took away one major important thing that I use constantly and that was Mute by Submenu. Many times I have multiple windows open in Spaces and I just switch to each app by clicking the Dock icon. While playing iTunes sometimes I want to mute the volume to watch a YouTube video. Normally I would just right click on the iTunes Dock icon and click Mute. Well Apple recently took that feature away silently in a software update. Now I have to bring iTunes to the forefront and mute by a keyboard command. Sucks.
Interesting stuff. I'll have to pay a little better attention.

And, no not spooked, just looking to educate myself. I've only been in the mac world for 11 months

Comment

kidwithdimples

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
The update, or actual use of it?

If you're asking about the actual use of it, you just use the trackpad like the screen to an iPhone or an iPad. Flick up or down with two fingers in a window in order to scroll either way.
Thanks

I just installed the update. It's pretty nice.

Comment