Question needs an answer....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fuzion11, Jul 3, 2010.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Firstly, let me say I have searched google but have gotten mixed results...

I was sent a refurb 3GS with an old bootrom last week. Foolishly I upgraded it to 4.0 without jailbreaking 3.1.3 first and saving my blobs to Cydia.

My question is this.....It's possible the guy/girl before me that had this phone could have saved his/her blobs with Cydia before returning it to rogers. Is it possible to find out if the blobs have been saved on Sauriks server without jailbreaking? If the answer is yes, then maybe I can guess which firmware they saved and could restore back to that firmware and then upgrade to 4.0 with a cooked one.

Is it possible for Umbrella to check for me? I tried to install it on my windows vista 32bit but keep getting this error message (something about java) and it won't install properly.

I know this post is all over the place and might be hard to understand, but would appreciate any help or advice.

Another question I have is, I've read that sn0wbreeze is coming out soon for the new bootroms but might require people to do a tethered jailbreak each time they shut their device off. If that does happen would that effect me too that I have an old bootrom?

Thanks to all who contribute in advance.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

if original owner saved the shsh in cydia it will show up.

[​IMG]

3. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I realize if I had Cydia on my phone right now, I'd be able to tell if the files were saved, but the problem is I'm not jailbroken right now.

Anyhow I got Umbrella working on my computer, now the only question is can this program tell me if the files are saved within Cydia????

It says this in umbrella.... "Devices with ECIDs matching the above AND restoring to the exact firmware version listed above will succeed!"

Does that mean that the files are saved on Cydia....or does umbrella have no way of telling if the files are saved??

4. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Any kind person out there to show me the light.... :)

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The only way to find out is by trying to do a restore via Saurik's method.