Question: New phone battery life better after replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wazza12345, Jul 21, 2009.

?

Is the battery life on your replacement 3GS better?

1. Hell yeh I'll be climbing everest without a charger!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. It's marginally better.. but nothing massive.

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No difference...

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. It's worse!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. wazza12345 macrumors regular

So I'm guessing a few of you have had your new 3GS replaced now due to crappy battery life.

Out of those of you that have can you tell me what your experience with your new phone is like? Do you get better battery life out of the replacement? Do you think your previous one was faulty, or the 3GS just all have generally crappy battery life?

My phone will usually make it through a day, but I get nothing near the advertised figures from Apple, I might get 4hrs usage, and 15-20hrs standby. But as with everyone browsing safari and playing games seems to rape the battery, I'm not that happy with constantly having to top the phone up.. being that it's a "mobile" phone and all that..

Anyway thought a poll might be interesting :)

2. wazza12345 thread starter macrumors regular

No one has had their 3GS replaced for dodgy battery then!?

3. GarySky macrumors newbie

None of my iPhones ever had to be exchanged or replaced due to defects. I'm a lucky guy. :D

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I didn't have my iPhone 3GS replaced for bad battery life, for another reason, but my replacement has noticeably better battery life than my first. My first iPhone 3GS had about the same battery life as my iPhone 3G, now I'm getting about an hour better battery life with my replacement. It's too bad that I have to get it replaced again for a different issue.

5. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

I originally had mine replaced for the "yellow tinted" screen. However, it seems like my battery started lasting longer about 3-4 weeks later.

6. wazza12345 thread starter macrumors regular

Hrmm interesting sounds like you are getting lots of replacements!. You get better battery usage or standby or both?