Question of White vs Black

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asdfTT123, Nov 6, 2007.

1. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

I'm trying to decide between the White (midrange) vs Black Macbook so I was hoping you guys could help me out. Are there any issues with discoloration between the different models? I've heard stories of discoloration of the chassis and track pad for both of these models but I'm unsure what's right and wrong. Also, is the white model a lot easier to keep clean? I've heard issues of greasy fingers tainting the trackpad and keys on the black model and I was wondering if this is an issue with the white. The white one should have noticibly less fingerprints, correct? Also, which one of these models is more succeptible to scratching and is any one of these versions more durable than the other?

Personally I think the black macbook looks incredibly slick but I don't know if it's worth the extra $125 and having to obsessively clean it time after time. In the end, which one did you pick and are you happy with your decision?

Thanks =]

2. twombles62 macrumors member

I've read that the discolouration has been fixed on new models (something like august onwards.) but that these models were still being sold at some places. With the SR MBs, I wouldn't expect such a problem with the whites.

If the HD isn't a factor, i'd say get the white, and upgrade the ram.

3. BossHogg macrumors member

BossHogg

I was in your boat. Decided on the mid white with 2gb of RAM. I liked both the black and white but go with your gut......don't think you can go wrong with either ! :D

4. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I have the black one and I love it. I agree with Bosshog that both colors are sweet and you can't go wrong with either. It's a matter of what color you like more and if you are willing to pay the extra for the black. Only you can answer that question for yourself. You can get the white one and use the money saved on upgrades, accessories, bills, etc. or you can buy the black one and chalk it up to you getting what you wanted - there's worse and sillier ways to spend $125.

Happy choosing.

P.S.

This thread is similar to yours, might want to take a look.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=382481